Advent at Mitchell Road 2017
Advent season is upon us and we are busy making plans to celebrate the birth of Christ! Please plan to join us!
Our special advent reader will have a reading, a reflection, a song of the church, and questions to ponder for each day (December 3—December 24). They will be available this Sunday, December 3 in hardcopy.
Ladies’ Advent by Candlelight: Tuesday, December 5 at 7:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall
Do you have a friend who needs to hear the Gospel and the true meaning of Christmas? If so, please invite them to this special outreach event that includes delicious dessert, beautiful Christmas music, warm conversation and a short but thoughtful message. Space is limited. Invitations are available at the front desk for you to give to your guest. Child care is not available for this event. Click here to register yourself and your guest.
Senior Ladies Christmas Brunch: Thursday, December 7 at 10:30 am in the Fellowship Hall
Sunday Evenings in Advent—”And His Name Shall Be Called…”
- "...Wonderful Counselor"— November 26 at 6:30—7:30 pm. Join us for an intimate concert with Dan Forrest on piano and Sharon Gerber on cello. Come and press your reset button during the time of Christmas chaos.
- "..Mighty God"— December 3 at 6:30—8:00 pm. The adult choir and Kingdom Kids will join together with orchestra and the King’s Ringers to present “This Christmas Night”. Come and join this grand celebration of the mightiness of our Savior!
- "...Everlasting Father"—December 10 at 6:00—7:30 pm (including post-service event). The children’s choir will share with us about the joy of their Everlasting Father as they give their offering of praise. This will be followed by an exciting time of snacks, fun and preparing goodie bags to take to our neighbors next week as we go caroling! This is a great way to help children think of others this season.
- "...Prince of Peace"—December 17 at 6:00—7:30 pm (including caroling). Join us for an upbeat and worshipful time of prayer and praise for the whole family. After this short service we will take the good news of our Prince of Peace as we go caroling and present goodie bags to our Mitchell Road neighbors.
Christmas Eve - Morning
On Sunday December 24, we will have two morning services. We will have 9:00 am in the Sanctuary and 10:30 am in the Fellowship Hall. Nursery care (age 0-3) is available on this Sunday morning. We will not have Sunday School or Children's Church on this morning.
Christmas Eve - Evening
On Sunday December 24, we look forward to greeting you at one of our three evening services:
- 4:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall
- 5:30 pm in the Sanctuary
- 7:00 pm in the Sanctuary
We will not have childcare for the evening services. Children are welcome in all three of our services and cry rooms will be available if you would like to step out of the service.